This is version 1.4.1
of the Windows Forms Aero Controls for .NET 2.0
project. Its contains a Windows Control Library with controls that mimic some of the Windows Vista and Windows 7 native controls and modules that exploit some of Aero's advanced GUI features.
The release zip file contains the following files:
- VistaControls.dll (library)
- VistaControlsApp.exe (demo application)
- VistaControls.xml (intellisense documentation)
- VistaControls and VistaControlsApp debug database
You can add the library (VistaControls.dll) as a reference to a project and start using it. You can also add the controls to the Vistual Studio toolbox in order to place them into the WinForms designer via drag&drop.
The source code is in C#. Currently, the controls use the native APIs available on Windows Vista. The controls have not
yet been tested on earlier versions of Windows and do not
provide non-native fallback alternatives (they will most likely crash on earlier versions of Vista). A simple interface for checking OS support is available: it is however up to the user to provide UI alternatives for older Windows platforms or for Mono.
What's in this release
- DWM module (Live thumbnails and glass sheet effect)
- ThemedText module
- Task Dialog module (alternative to classic Message boxes)
- OS support (checks if Vista libraries are supported)
- Glass sheet helpers