This is the (long awaited) version 2.0
of the Windows Forms Aero Controls for .NET 2.0
project. It contains a Windows Control Library with controls that mimic some of the Windows Vista and Windows 7 native controls and modules that exploit some of Aero's advanced GUI features.Please note that the major version change is not due to major additions to the library, but instead because of breaking changes and the renaming of the DLL library file.
The release zip file contains the following files:
- WindowsFormsAero.xml (IntelliSense documentation)
- WindowsFormsAeroDemo.exe (Demo app)
You can add the library (WindowsFormsAero.dll) as a reference to a project and start using it. You can also add the controls to the Vistual Studio toolbox in order to place them into the WinForms designer via drag&drop.
What's in this release
- ComboBox with cue banner
- TextBox with cue banner
- ThemedText label (Text on glass effect)
- DWM module (Live thumbnails and glass sheet effect)
- ThemedText module
- Task Dialog module (alternative to classic Message boxes)
- OS support (checks if Vista libraries are supported)
- Glass sheet helpers