Error with VistaControls.dll

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 6, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Hello! I speak Spanish and I speak a little English. So if something sounds weird is that.

What happens is this:
I realize the whole process as described on the page, the controls are added fine but when debugging the application I get multiple errors, specifically 3.
Both say something like:
"ThemedLabel" is not a member of "VistaControls"
And the last error that says something like version. Net Framework is not compatible with which it is running.
However, since I downloaded and installed it again but it gives me the same error.
Hopefully someone can help me.
Thanks.

Jun 21, 2011 at 9:28 AM
Edited Jun 21, 2011 at 9:29 AM

hello there! go to your project properties... and change your targeted .NET framework environment to 2.0.

I think that should work....

Greetings
Skipper

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Ok. Thank you, 
Now I can add controls.
But now I have a problem: when I add controls and transparency to the form, the letter of the controls becomes transparent.
How I can solve that?

Developer
Jun 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM

I'm assuming that by "adding transparency to the form" you mean that you are applying the "glass effect" to the form. Notice that default .NET controls render text using GDI which doesn't work reliably on glass (problems with the alpha component) which renders the text transparent.

The only way to correctly write on glass is to use a custom control and rendering text manually using the .NET GDI+ calls (in the Graphics class in the OnPaint event). Or you can use the ThemedLabel control which works fine on glass. Notice that there have been some changes in the code lately, but no new version has been released. If you want a better experience with the ThemedLabel class, I suggest you get the source code from the repository and recompile the project.

Hope this helps. :)