WPF

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:58 PM

I was wondering if there are plans for WPF interoperability at any point. The only control I'm interested in is the ThemedLabel. I don't feel like manually drawing text, but I'd like to be ale to use all of the WPF controls. Thanks in advance.

Developer
Jun 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM
Sorry for the late answer. No, WPF support is not planned at this point. WPF should be already able to draw on glass without special controls: the white glow effect can _probably_ by achieved by using a custom shader or a BitmapEffect on the TextBlock.
Developer
Jul 14, 2010 at 12:50 AM

There are interop containers you can use to host WinForm controls in WPF and vice versa.  I use a WPF search control on WinForms because I wanted a nice animation effect but not all of the bulk of a full WPF solution.  The method Lck mentioned would look something like this for WPF (In XAML):

<TextBlock FontSize="56" FontFamily="Segoe UI" Foreground="White" Background="Transparent" Text="Search">
                    <TextBlock.Effect>
                        <DropShadowEffect ShadowDepth="0" Color="Gold" BlurRadius="20"></DropShadowEffect>
                    </TextBlock.Effect>
                </TextBlock>